Welcome to Grace Church Preschool
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR CHILDREN CURRENTLY IN THE PROGRAM, CHURCH MEMBERS AND FOR ALUMNI CHILDREN IS WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 9, 2019.
If you have friends and/or family interested in Grace Church Preschool, the community enrollment begins on Thursday, January 10, 2019.
All enrollment is for the school year of: September 2019 - May 2020
We are anticipating a higher enrollment this year, especially in the Young Fives Class.
M, T, W, TH, 9:00-3:00 - Includes 30 minutes of art, gym, music and Spanish once a week ~ $480.00 per month
MWF Morning: 9:00-11:30 ~ $210.00 a month
MWF Afternoon: 12:30- 3:00 ~ $210.00 a month
MWF All Day: 9:00-3:00 ~ $405.00 a month
T/TH All Day: 9:00-3:00 ~ $275.00 a month
T/TH AM 9:00-11:30 ~ $150.00 a month; T/TH PM 12:30-3:00 ~ $150.00 a month
M-F All Day 9:00-3:00 ~ $670.00 a month
Please call Jill Vander Woude at (616) 241-3202 if you have any questions or if you would like to schedule a tour of our facility.
Who We Are
Grace Church Preschool is the oldest in Grand Rapids and has served the community for over sixty years. The school is fully licensed by the State of Michigan and is a mission of Grace Episcopal Church, located at the corner of Plymouth and Hall in the City of East Grand Rapids.
Grace Church Preschool has an Advisory Committee that includes parishioners of Grace Church, the Preschool Director, and parents from each class. The school is maintained in a large, cheerful facility on the campus of the church. Grace accepts children of all faiths and backgrounds.
At Grace Church Preschool we believe that each child is a unique individual created by God and we recognize that the early years are the most important for learning, loving and gaining trust. We believe that by providing a warm, welcoming and caring Christian atmosphere, and a committed staff that is passionate about providing a positive learning environment, we will be encouraging each child’s initiative, independence, responsibility and self-discipline.
We believe that play is the most important activity in the lives of children. Play is the work and occupation of childhood. Through a variety of developmentally appropriate learning experiences, activities and multicultural materials, children at Grace develop cognitively (intellectually), spiritually, creatively, physically, socially, and emotionally.
We believe that a multi-age grouping of children in preschool encourages a child’s cognitive problem-solving skills, as well as the development of positive social behaviors. Children are afforded opportunities to practice and learn from cooperative play with peers. Multi-age grouping welcomes sibling enrollment and supports a home-like nurturing environment.
The mission of Grace Church Preschool is to help children develop social competence and become enthusiastic learners in the context of a caring Christian community. We help children gain confidence as they develop important life skills. This means encouraging them to be active and creative explorers who are not afraid to try out ideas and think their own thoughts.
In pursuit of this mission, our program emphasizes these six areas of development:
• Social: to help children feel comfortable in school, trust their new environment, make friends, and feel they are a part of the group.
• Emotional: to help children experience pride and self-confidence, develop independence and self-control, and have a positive attitude toward life.
• Spiritual: to love God, appreciate His creation and to show Jesus' love to others.
• Cognitive: to help children become confident learners by encouraging them to try out their own ideas and experience success; and to help children acquire learning skills such as solving problems, asking questions, and using words to describe their ideas, observations, and feelings.
• Language: to help children’s ability to communicate through words, both spoken and written, including listening and speaking, reading and writing skills.
• Physical: to help children increase their large and small muscle skills and feel confident about what their bodies can do.
At Grace Church Preschool we believe that children learn best when they are:
•Motivated to learn and grow at their own pace;
• Supported in a positive learning environment that provides opportunities to discover the world they live in;
• Inspired to make independent choices and explore concepts through hands-on activities;
• Nurtured in a warm, welcoming, caring Christian setting that promotes acceptance and respect for all children and their families;
• Encouraged to take responsibility for themselves and their classroom in an atmosphere that celebrates the joys of everyday life.
M-W-F Mornings 9:00-11:30
M-W-F Afternoons 12:30-3:00
M-W-F All Day 9:00-3:00
M-F All Day 9:00-3:00
T-Th Mornings 9:00-11:30
T-TH Afternoons 12:30-3:00
T-TH All Day 9:00-3:00
Children may be registered for multiple sessions. One option would be to attend three full days by combining the MWF morning and afternoon classes together. If children attend the full day classes, they must bring a bag lunch each day. These options are offered only if space is available in those classes. Please call the preschool office at 616-241-3202 for further information
All children who are three (by September 1, 2018), four and five years old are eligible for enrollment. All children enrolling must be toilet trained and self-sufficient in their bathroom abilities. (Any exceptions must be approved by the director). Prior to enrolling your child, all families are encouraged to tour the center, observe a class and ask questions.
To register your child you will need to fill out a registration form and pay the (non-refundable) registration fee if space is available in the class. The last month’s tuition and payment worksheet are also required at this time. In addition, the following forms will need to be filled out and brought to school before your child’s first day:
-Child Information Record.
-Health Form (signed and dated by a licensed physician and good for 2 years.)
-Waivers if immunizations are not given.
-Field trip Permission Form
-Publicity and Preschool Directory Release Form
-Permission to use topical non-prescription medications (e.g. sunscreen and insect repellent)
1815 Hall St. SE
East Grand Rapids, MI 49506